Eagles vs. Giants Game Predictions Well Chuck Bednarik Jerseys 2019 , here we are. like the reigning Super Bowl champion Philadelphia Eagles’ season is on the line.Beating the New York Giants tonight means advancing to first in the division at 3-3. Losing means dropping to dead last at 2-4. But tonight’s game isn’t just about the impact on the standings. It’s about gauging this team’s makeup. How are they going to respond to losing their last two games in disappointing fashion? Are the Eagles a good team going through some struggles or are they just a flat out bad team?The Eagles have an opportunity to answer those questions tonight, and it all starts with the guy under center: Carson Wentz. This is the kind of game where a franchise quarterback needs to put the team on his back and carry them to victory.Wentz should be aided by the fact that the Giants have a pedestrian pass rush; New York ranks dead last in sacks and 27th in hits. At the same time, the Eagles could potentially be without Lane Johnson, who reportedly has an up-hill battle to play tonight. That’s not good for an Eagles offensive line that’s already had some issues protecting Wentz.Defensively, we all know the Eagles’ pass rush is a mismatch for the Giants’ offensive line on paper. But we thought the same thing last year and New York countered by having Eli Manning getting rid of the ball super quick.A big reason why the Eagles were ultimately able to beat the Giants twice in 2017 is because Manning turned the ball over. He threw three picks in those two games combined. The Eagles will likely have some chances to intercept him again tonight. They need to capitalize on those opportunities. So far this year, Philadelphia has only logged five takeaways. Only two teams have fewer. I’d be lying to you if I said I had immense confidence heading into this game. It’s not that the Giants are some super scary opponent. It’s just that the Eagles have been their own worst enemy so far this year. It’s hard to fully believe in them when they’re constantly shooting themselves in the foot. Here’s hoping the Eagles will be able to get out of their own way tonight. I do think they have the capability to right some of these wrongs. It’s not like they’ve been getting blown out all year. They still have a lot of talent.It won’t be easy tonight. Missing Johnson could really hurt. The weather being bad makes me a little uneasy because Wentz hasn’t had his best games in the rain. Ultimately, though, I’m taking the Eagles because I think they’re the better team. Real invigorating analysis there Andre Dillard Philadelphia Eagles Jerseys , I know, but I’m not taking the combo of an inspiring Pat Shurmur and a washed Eli Manning over Doug Pederson and Carson Wentz.Suggested format:Score prediction:Bold prediction:My predictions:Score prediction: 33-30, Eagles win.Bold prediction: Corey Clement scores three touchdowns in his return.Fan predictions:Bleeding Green Nation FanPulse (survey of Eagles fans): Eagles favored by 5 pointsBig Blue View FanPulse (survey of Vikings fans): Eagles favored by 1 pointLeave your own predictions in the comments.Vikings writer gives three reasons why the Eagles will win on Sunday The confidence level of Eagles fans has taken a hit following Philadelphia’s Week 4 loss to the Titans. SB Nation’s FanPulse results show BGN readers were at a 97% confidence level last week before dropping to 65% heading into Week 5.If you’re among the worried ones, today’s post might have you feeling a little better about the reigning Super Bowl champs.BGN already took some time to chat with Daily Norseman in order to preview this week’s matchup. (You can read that here.) Today, we’re back with three reasons why each team might lose. This format forces us to consider each team’s weaknesses, rather than just being homers.So, below are three reasons why the Vikings could lose, as written by Daily Norseman’s Christopher Gates. To see why I think the Eagles could lose Philadelphia Eagles Jerseys 2019 , check out DN.1) The Vikings haven’t stopped anybody since Week 1We don’t know the reason behind why the Vikings’ defense has suddenly fallen to the bottom of the league after being one of the NFL’s best in 2017. The players are the same (mostly), the scheme is the same, but the results have not been. The Eagles were the team that pretty much started the downslide for this defense last season, and they could very well continue that trend on Sunday. We’ll have to keep an eye on the practice report for Friday to see the status of Trae Waynes (who is still not out of the NFL’s concussion protocol), but if he’s out it’s just going to make things worse on that side of the ball for the Vikings.Throw in the absence of Everson Griffen, and it doesn’t look good defensively for the Vikings. Unless the defense can somehow recapture the magic of 2017, it could be a high-scoring game on Sunday, and I’m not sure if the Vikings can keep up in that scenario. They did it last week against the Rams Mens Andre Dillard Jersey , but it’s probably not realistic to expect them to keep doing it.2) The Vikings’ offensive line is still offensiveIn each of the last two weeks, the Vikings’ offensive line has allowed 29 pressures, according to Pro Football Focus. The Eagles have no problem getting pressure with just their front four, so that’s going to make things difficult for Kirk Cousins on Sunday. If he has time, there are going to be plays to be made against a suspect Eagles’ secondary, but I’m not sure if the Vikings’ offensive line is capable of giving him that time against the Eagles’ front four. That was a key to the Eagles’ victory last January, and it could prove to be the key on Sunday as well.3) The Vikings are too one-dimensional on offense anywayThe Vikings have the worst rush offense in the National Football League through four games, while the Eagles have the best defense in the NFL against the run. If the Eagles know that they don’t have to worry about stopping the run and that Cousins is going to be dropping back to pass 50 times again Youth Andre Dillard Jersey , they’ll just be able to pin their ears back and come after him, and that would bleed into problem #2 that we’ve already gone over. The Vikings need to get their run game going, but I don’t think this is the week to expect them to do that.